Wednesday, December 15, 2021

Battle Axe Prototype

 Finally found an excuse to break out the welder and teach myself to weld.  After some initial work on a house project I decided to prototype a battleaxe.  Many years ago i made a pair of wooden battle axes for my wife because we saw some she loved at the ren fair but didn't have the disposable to drop on 300 dollar each axes.  



So maybe 15 years later I made my first battle axe.  This was a good proof of principal on the fabrication techniques and materials.  My goal is to make some nicer ones for a later anniversary. 


It didn't balance quite right so I lathed and welded a counter weight to the pommel.  Then for my birthday a couple days later used it to slice a piñata in half to the delight of my children.   Off with its head! 





2 comments:

  1. This is a smart blog. I mean it. You have so much knowledge about this issue, and so much passion. You also know how to make people rally behind it, obviously from the responses. axe throwing los angeles

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven’t any word to appreciate this post.....Really i am impressed from this post....the person who create this post it was a great human..thanks for shared this with us. axe throwing bar near me

    ReplyDelete