Sunday, March 23, 2014

Vampire Raider 2 WIP

Ok, finally got the brother raider assembled, sanded, washed, primed.  yea!!!
now. Since the previous one has a cold theme I wanted to try something warm on this one, but basic fire is so overdone,  "real fire" is painfully easy and mindnumblingly monotenous, So I pulled a bit of inspiration from one of the clients models (loosely mind you)   Went with a few of the esablished colors (orange yellow, dark blue and purple)  and came up with this guy.  Not quote what I origionally inteded as I meant the gray sections to be a lot darker, but as I was painting it I thought the dark background on a warm or hot color scheme was so cliche, I had to try something a little different.  I rather like this,  but.. my oponnion isnt waht counts, so if you see this repainted.. He didnt like it =)  But I figured Id post it anyway for the record.   Not sure how much more work to put into it but Id say it is about 1/2 to 2/3 complete.  I am going to put something darker on some of the main wing armor panels, so that we have a backdrop to put a rune or something, and to pull the colors a bit closer to the clients army.   So probably dark blues or purples....





and yes the guns are warped.  I made the mistake of washing them after straightening them so Ill re straighten them shortly.

1 comment:

  1. Well, if your client doesn't like it, he must be incredibly demanding- it's remarkably brilliant!

    ReplyDelete